Relocating your office can be a cumbersome and risky experience. Businesses are always weary of losing walk-in customers and causing inconvenience to employees, partners and stakeholders. For a smooth and business savvy change of address that is does not disrupt the flow of business, use these tips and tricks:
- Overlap: This means that you should get the new property a week or so before you have to vacate the old premises and keep the old premises for a week after the move date. This incurs some extra cost but allows for a comfortable move as you can properly prepare the new space and also clean up the old space before you have to give it up. Thus, overlapping saves stress and hassles by simply giving you sufficient time to move and room for improvisation in case of unforeseen occurrences.
- Appoint a moving Czar: Usually the entire stress and responsibility of moving falls upon the owners and senior managers, who are already short on time. For a smooth transition, you should appoint one person in the organization as the designated moving Czar who is in charge of the whole operation. This provides a convenient central point of authority who can answer employee questions, mitigate risk, coordinate efforts and take responsibility.
- Insure against breakage and loss: Before you move, make sure that your business carries sufficient insurance for breakage, loss, theft, business loss and pilferage. This can be very helpful in case of any accidents or adverse events because these can be doubly costly for businesses. Mot Insurance companies have specialized products that are very reasonable and can provide near total protection.
- Make it quick: Prolonged moves tend to be costly and destabilizing for businesses. Even though you may have sufficient time due to overlapping, the actual move should be done quickly, like removing a band-aid. Employees must be allowed to work normally and simply told to report to a new facility on a particular date. When they show up at the new address, everything must be ready for them to continue work seamlessly.
- Change business listings: Before you move, prepare to change the business listings and contact information for your organization. This means amending the yellow pages, Google Listings and other listings on trade websites and databases to ensure that customers and other stakeholders can contact you easily and do not think that the business has shut down. If people cannot contact you in a timely fashion, this can lead to actual loss from lost sales as well as a loss of confidence.
- Inform everyone: Besides changing business listings, it is also a good idea to send out a mass email, mailer or physical card to everyone associated with your business, including important clients and partners, that you have moved and are now available at a new address. This will ensure the smooth functioning of your business and also provide legal cover as this is required by some authorities and financial institutions.
- Leave a public notice: One should also leave behind a Public Notice, duly printed and posted on the door of your earlier address, explaining that you have moved and providing a forwarding address for visitors, mail and packages. This ensures that anyone coming to your old office will know where to go when they do not find you there. This is especially helpful for delivery people and other visitors who may not know of the move.
- Back up hard drives: One of the most common problems faced by businesses when they move office is the loss, breakage or malfunction of computers or the hard drives inside them, leading to massive, and irreparable loss of data. To safeguard against this risk, it is best to send out an email reminding employees and department heads to back up all data on personal and shared drives and by remembering to pack hard drives with soft cushioning.
- Carry valuables personally: Most businesses possess certain belongings that are important from a financial, strategic or brand reputation standpoint. It is best to carry these items by yourself or entrust their transportation to someone responsible within the organization. The advantage that businesses have over residential moves is that there are many employees who can be given responsibilities so that the move is easy and smooth for all.
- Choose the right moving company: This is the last but perhaps most important tip for a smooth business relocation. The right moving partner can be incredibly helpful in making the transition stress-free and even enjoyable while the wrong partner can create unfathomable problems regardless of what you do. Make sure that you choose a company that is tried, tested and feels comfortable.
Example of a good moving company
One example of a good moving company in Melbourne for office relocation is Hafiza Movers. This is a relatively young and small company but has expertly trained moving professionals and responsible managers who know what they are doing, and also understand the needs and concerns of different types of customers.
Hafiza Movers offers office relocation service in Melbourne and Removalist services in Melbourne. It is known to provide a comfortable and easy moving experience while taking responsibility, doing due diligence and using the right packing materials and equipment. If you are moving offices in Melbourne, they might be your best bet for a move that strengthens and emboldens your business rather than being an added cost.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. What is the average price of a Removalist in Melbourne?
Ans. The average price of a Removalist in Melbourne is around $500 for two movers with a moving truck for two hours.
Q2. How much does it cost to move furniture in Melbourne?
Ans. Furniture moving companies and Removalist services in Australia typically charge $ 50 per hour per moving professional. However, the prices may vary depending on a number of factors.
Q3. What are office removals?
Ans. Office Removals or Office Removalist Services remove all office equipment and belongings, leaving the office ready to hand over to new lessees or renters.
Q4. Who is the best office Removalist in Melbourne?
Ans. One of the best Office Removalist Services in Melbourne is Hafiza Movers. It is known to provide a comfortable and easy moving experience while taking responsibility, doing due diligence and using the right packing materials and equipment. If you are moving offices in Melbourne, they might be your best bet for a move that strengthens and emboldens your business rather than being an added cost.